he’s a teen
But it is, and constitutes the whole life so far of one of the most interesting, funniest and challenging people I have ever known.
I usually post a birthday blog in which I list a number of things about the kid whose birthday it is equal to their age. This time, it took three days to get Captain Comic to come up with a list himself, and in the end he drew it in about 10 minutes. Click to zoom, they’re fun drawings.
Just in case you can’t tell what he is representing:
1. Making movies.
4. Making people laugh.
5. If you don’t know, you’re lucky. (oops, mom’s commentary) Pokemon.
6. Other people singing hurts my ears, “it’s like my Kryptonite.”
8. Star Wars
9. Need I say more? (mom again)
10. Pugs are my latest obsession.
11. The Hill (really a berm at the back of our neighborhood baseball field)
13. I like fights in movies, like Jackie Chan.
Captain Comic is becoming a teen.
I wonder if that’s why Mother Nature is bringing this epic Hurricane Irene?
He’s a great kid. He’s big, he’s loud, he’s talented, he’s an original and the next handful of years of my life will be epic indeed. I love him.
Happy Birthday, Kiddo.